Story about Blue E, iFramed Web Application, Wastage of 6 hours, Missed Lunch and what not!

21 thoughts on “Story about Blue E, iFramed Web Application, Wastage of 6 hours, Missed Lunch and what not!”

  1. I hate you Internet Explorer. You are the worst thing ever made in the history of web development. I sincerely hate you. And Microsoft, with all the Blue E fan-boys out there, GO TO HELL and let us live our life.

    You morons!

    Totally agree.

    Somedays ago, i wasted two days because my app was not loading inside IE, after two days i discovered that document.getElementsByClassName is not supported in IE. and iframe border : 0 / none is not supported as well :@

    There is not doubt that IE is the worst thing ever made :S

  2. Snort. P3P is an industry standard not a MS invention. Son shame on them for trying to comply with others works. ;).

    But seriously, if you didn’t know this then you probably also don’t know that webkit browsers (chrome and safari) on accept the first SetCookie header from your web server if the domain of the iframed page is different than the host serving the HTML with the iframe reference in it. I haven’t checked Safari 5.1 (lion version) but that’s how safari 5.0 behaves as did Chrome at the time.

    You’ll want to check that as well. It’s a really subtle issue. The moral of the story is that iframes barely work…

    To fix this in our application, we had to stop using session cookies and put the PHPSESSID on the query string. (Yes I know that leads to other issues…)

    1. Thanks for shedding some light on webkit, but in my case they are working – at least the way I am wanted. Using Safari Version 5.1 (6534.50) on Snow Leopard.

      And unfortunately yes, I didnt know about this issue until yesterday 😀 I will study more on this. Thanks again.

  3. So this was in IE9?

    I have an odd issue where some IE9 users are being logged out of our CakePHP site.

    It’s almost like the cookie is being dropped. Though yet to replicate it… which is the biggest pain of them all.

  4. Had the same problem, with a login control in an iframe app. Glad to see I wasn’t the only one. Wondering why it was working fine on my computer and not my colleagues, I eventually found I was excepting all cookies (I’m greedy). Inserting the C# code in the ‘OnInit’ on the master page sorted it for me:

    HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader(“p3p”, “CP=\”IDC DSP COR ADM DEVi TAIi PSA PSD IVAi IVDi CONi HIS OUR IND CNT\””);

    Not sure I need all of them, or if it makes the page venerable!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s